Columbia Ridge School Improvement Plan
The Ephrata School District and its schools are using the school improvement process to increase student achievement. Each school has a leadership team that analyzes data, sets goals and implements a plan that reflects the needs of their students.
2023-2024 Columbia Ridge Elementary School Improvement Plan
Personal Purpose Statement:
"As Columbia Ridge Elementary Principal, my purpose is to create an environment where children, staff and families can engage in a journey of learning, growth and service, all rooted in love, honor and respect for one another."
To accomplish this:
Each month we will have activities that focus on service and thankfulness. To cultivate a spirit of love, honor and respect throughout Columbia Ridge, daily, weekly and monthly, I will focus on communication: daily, weekly news, weekly team meetings, open door policy and walk and talk with staff weekly 1:1.
SCHOOLWIDE Goals for 2023-2024
Columbia Ridge will focus on: W.I.N. (What I Need) for the 2023-2024 school year. WIN looks at what each individual: student, staff and families need to be successful academically, socially, behaviorally and emotionally. We will accomplish this through focusing on PBIS and MTSS schoolwide.
By the end of the 2023-2024 academic year, Columbia Ridge will implement PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Systems) strategies to establish a consistently positive learning environment for all students, as evidenced by a 20% reduction in behavioral incidents and a 15% increase in student satisfaction surveys rating the school climate as "positive" or "excellent."
This will be accomplished by:
- Tracking behaviors through SWIS
- Implementing PBIS strategies
- Staff training with our BCBA
- Check in check out for kids that need increased positives
- Weekly CARE team meetings to brainstorm interventions for students having difficulties
- Participation on the district PBIS team for training
- Counseling: friendship groups and individual
- SEL: Second Step Curriculum taught in every class
- Counselor lessons on bullying through specialist classes on Mondays
- Extensive PBIS activity menu and prizes for tiger paws
Within the next academic year, Columbia Ridge will fully implement MTSS (Multi-Tiered System of Supports) to develop tailored programs for each student, resulting in measurable improvements in academic performance and personal growth, with at least 90% of students making demonstrable progress towards reaching their full potential.
This will be accomplished by:
- STAR screening for math and reading 3 times a year
- DIBELS screening twice a year in Reading
- Quarterly skill based assessments for math intervention
- WIDA testing for our ELL students
- Weekly MTSS meetings to create intervention for struggling learners
- Implementation of Kagan and GLAD strategies for increased growth
- Grade level DATA meetings to track and create interventions to intentionally plan for improvement
- Increase differentiation in each classroom
- Provide resources for support in reading and math